Ages & Ability
$795 weekly – early registration price until 1/11/2022 (reg price $855)
Plus 4% processing fee at checkout
8:30am check in
What to bring
Drop Off Nickerson
Skudin Surf Long Beach Tue, Thur *subject to change
Swim, Fit & Surf Program
Our goal is to engage and inspire each swimmer and instill positive character traits such as confidence, self-motivation and a passion for swimming while learning new water activities and having fun. Perfect for competitive swimmers looking to gain an edge. Lead by two of our most talented coaches and directors on Long Island.
Dave Skudin former D1 Swimmer from the University of Hawaii and current swim coach for LIAC and Skudin Swim, is designed to help competitive swimmers improve their stroke technique so they can compete at the next level.
Lizzy Carson A 2021 Crossfit Games Athlete with accreditation’s including: CF L1, CF L2, Weight Lifting, Pre Natal, Kid and teens, rowing, aerobic capacity, and Nutrition. Gold and silver medal light weight rower 2021 Holding multiple world records on the concept 2 rower.
The Typical Day*
SWIM Day starts, at 9:00, with a 2 hour swim practice either outdoor swimming at Nickerson Park Pool or Long Beach Recreation Center lead by Coach Dave Skudin. (if the practice takes place indoor at the LB Recreation Center, you will get an email notification)
Break for lunch at 11 (bring lunch)
FIT Followed by a 1 hour afternoon fitness workout either at concept fitness in island Park or in Long Beach NY on Riverside Beach led by Coach Lizzy Carson. The work out is designed to enhance your swim abilities.
FUN The day ends with a surf session at Skudin Surf or on the bay using crafts such as one or two person crew vessels or on the atand up paddle boards. These activties will improve your ablity to swim out of the pool setting and strenghten your core and arms.
*Depending on ocean/bay conditions & weather the daily schedule could be changed, please check your emails daily for intinerary updates.
Drop Off Directions: Nickerson pass the fee collection booth, then turn left into the main parking lot. Nickerson Beach 880 Lido Blvd Lido Beach NY 11561
Pick up Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: Concept Fitness 7 Hampton Rd, Oceanside, NY 11572
Pick up Tuesday and Thursday at Skudin Surf 1 Riverside Blvd Long Beach, NY 11561
Important items to bring
- Lunch, snacks and water
- goggles and bathing cap
- Workout attire
- Sandals and Sneakers
- Hat, apply and bring sunscreen
- If we need to cancel camp due to storms or unsafe conditions we will contact you via email; check our home page and social media for updates. You will receive a Skudin Surf credit for any day we cancel
- There are no make up days or refunds for any day your child does not attend, no exceptions.
- All of our ocean managers are lifeguard, CPR, and first aid certified, and the beach is supervised by lifeguards on duty.
- Lifeguards, CPR and First Aid
- International Surfing Association certified
- NSSIA Accredited
- Stand Up Paddle and Crew Team workouts on the bay
- Ocean Surfing at Skudin Surf
- Concept Machines (rowing, biking, skiing)
- Proper form is our top priority.
- nutrition and fitness
- Endurance building machines
- strength movements
- create a well rounded athletic program