Your own group of 6 or more
- Enjoy a full day on the beach with a private canopy, table and beach activities
- All ages and abilities
- Water and Land Instruction
- 1 hour and 15 minutes surf lesson
- Beach volleyball after and before surf lessons
- Ratio to surfer and instructor 3:1
- Surfboard and Lycra rash-guard included
- Wetsuit is included if needed
- Available 7 days a week, starting at 1:30 Monday – Friday during camp season from 7:00am – 3:00 on the weekends.
PLEASE NOTE: PARKING AND BEACH FEES ARE NOT INCLUDED
Extras and Add-Ons
- Beach Yoga, Team Building, and Adventure Ed.
- Catered food available: pizza, wraps, heroes, or gourmet serving trays
- Allegria Hotel and Long Beach Hotel Special Rates and meeting space available
- New Plaza Beach Club Cabana Day Rate – pool access and beach service. Perfect office getaways
- Beach chairs and umbrellas are available to rent from Beach Comfort -Beachcomfort.net please contact them directly 516-432-5001
- Beach counselors to organize games and activities for kids, before and after you surf lesson
- Lifeguards (only for the off season), We strongly suggest if you plan to stay on the beach before and after your event and have your guest swim in the ocean to hire a one of our lifeguards.
Here are some reminders before your scheduled lesson:
Please arrive at the Skudin Surf location beach fifteen minutes before your event, best to tell your guest to arrive a half hour prior to schedule time to insure that your event will start on time. Each of our locations have a Skudin Surf tent canopy to check in. This will guarantee the time needed to check in, get set up with your equipment and instructors, and start your lesson on time!
Make sure you come prepared for the beach; a bathing suit is a must! A towel, sunscreen, and a beverage are recommended. The surfboard and rash guard will be provided for the duration of the lesson.
A deposit is required for your outing as you register with our staff over the phone or e-mail, the office will call you a few days before your event for a final head count and the balance. All of the instructors are hired prior to your event so there is no refund for no shows.
In the event you decide to cancel, the deposit will become non-refundable within 1 week of the scheduled event. With more than 1 weeks notice we can refund the deposit or carry it over to reschedule the event.
We will contact you via email or phone ONLY if we have to cancel lessons due to unsafe conditions in the ocean or heavy thunderstorms and tropical storm conditions. We will try to give you as much notice as possible, safety of your guest is our first concern.
No Beach fees for Rockaway
$16.00 per person over 13 years old for Long Beach; we offer discount passes
Nickerson Beach $10.00 per car with leisure pass, $30.00 without leisure pass (can purchase pass for $25.00 at administration building fro $25.00 good for 3 years) Must be a resident of Nassau to purchase pass.
What people have to say about Skudin Events
“About 20 of us spent an August afternoon learning to surf with Skudin Surf. The instructors did the impossible: after a quick lesson, they got every single one of us normally office-bound urbanites standing up riding waves. The Skudin instructors were confident, competent and friendly; they made the day fun and safe for our group. They even had pizzas waiting for us on the beach after our session.
We talk about that day often – it’s far and away the best team-building event we have ever done. We’re all eagerly looking forward to heading back down to Long Beach with Skudin Surf this summer.”
TJ Kennedy – Director, Viacom