Skudin Surf Full Day 9 am – 4pm and Half Day Kids Surf School noon – 4pm at Nickerson Beach Park in Lido Beach, NY
SUMMER 2015 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPENED
FULL DAY open to students of all abilities aged 5 years to 15 years-old // HALF DAY open to ages 5 to 15 years-old
Skudin Surf- Lido Beach
Nickerson Beach Park || 880 Lido Blvd, Lido Beach 11561
We at Skudin Surf are excited to offer our Half-Day and Full Day Surf Schools at Nickerson Beach! The half-day surf school is packed with surfing instruction from 12AM-4PM. To make it a full day, begin with a morning session from 9AM-12PM with a choice activity, including SKATEBOARDING, YOGA, SWIMMING, FIELD PLAY, BASKETBALL, and other recreational and beach activities.
All abilities are welcome! Whether your child is a beginner or an experienced surfer this camp will enhance his or her skills. Skudin Surf separates the students into groups according to age and ability. All campers will be supervised by our very experienced, certified surf/skateboard instructors from the time they arrive at Skudin Surf until they leave. Our goal is to not only to have the kids enjoy every moment of their Skudin Surf experience but to also learn how to safely work their way in and out of the ocean. With the amazing facility at Nickerson Beach, there are many arenas to help sharpen skills on a board in and out of the water. They’ll have an amazing day in the sun and surf… we guarantee it!
NEW THIS SUMMER- Saturday Surf School
11am – 1pm Starting Saturday July 18 to August 22
Make it a FULL DAY at our Nickerson Beach FULL DAY Surf School and XTreme Fun!
Make it a FULL DAY! Choose from the offered add-on activities for our morning session 9AM – 12PM and continue 12PM-4PM afternoon surf school Monday-Friday . Morning activities include choice of skateboarding, basketball, swimming, yoga, field play, handball, and other fun recreational activities.
- The Camp Day: Designed by Cliff Skudin (Owner/Masters degree in physical education/Professional Watermen) Our staff and professionals, our surf program focuses on safety, skills, balance, education, recreation, etiquette and fun !
- Introduction: Meet beach Lifeguards and certified NSSIA Skudin Surf instructors about ocean safety, rip currents, surf safety, and surf etiquette. Every morning we have a mandatory group check in and surf /weather condition educational talk to all campers.
- Daily Instruction: Very Educational but also fun when done the “Skudin Surf Way.” Upon arrival to camp our Surf staff will over see a fun testing period where the student will be placed into instruction groups based on their age and ability level. These groups will be color coordinated based on age and ability.
- Skateboarding Instruction: Professional instructors will teach the students the correct way to ride, maneuver, and do tricks. Depending on the ability of the student will determine the level of instruction. (For example, 1st time ever will be 1 on 1 with a professional skate instructor until they are capable of slowing gaining more independence on their skateboard. Experienced skaters will be observed by our professional skateboard instructor and will learn more about skate maneuvers and tricks.) The use of ramps and street course will be available once the students are able to show proficiency. If the Skateboarding is not for you we will have plenty of activities to gradually become comfortable on the skateboard.
- Recreational Activities “Fun”: If skateboarding isn’t for your camper, choose our Recreational Activities option for an afternoon session with Skudin Surf. Activities will include basketball, swimming, yoga, field play, and more! As the day revolves around safety and balance, the students will participate in balance games and lifeguard activities. We at Skudin Surf focus on balancing the FUN with the EDUCATION, so surfing games, plus featured prizes /activities from our sponsors will always be included daily.
- Equipment: Surfboards, Skateboards, Safety Equipment, Lycra Top Rashguards, and Pinnies, and all equipment will be provided for instruction during the day. You may bring your own equipment and use if the instructors approve it is safe. Please have your child arrive in sneakers and bring flip flops, wear a bathing suit under your play clothes.
- Instruction: Instructors are stationed throughout the location from the Ocean, Recreational areas and Skateboard park. The day will be split from between skateboarding, surfing, and recreational activities. Depending on the weather/surf conditions, group abilities and tide, will determine the order of these activities throughout the day. Time in and out of the water will always be evenly distributed. The participants will be looked after by the best surfing and skateboarding staff from around the world, working on improving their surfing, skateboard, swimming and balance skills.
- Surf and Skate Safety: Learn how to enter and exit the surf / ocean, and ride waves safely, with introduction to the etiquette of surfing. Skate safety learn the proper safety equipment and procedures, depending on the ability level of the student will depend on how much time is spent during the safety instruction. Every student must complete safety instruction before moving onto the next level of instruction.
- Ocean Surf Instruction: Professional and master surf instructors will be in the water assisting students in the correct way to catch and ride waves. Beginner level campers will be on our included soft longboard surf boards. No kid will be alone in the ocean, surf instructors will be stationed with every camper. Depending on the conditions and ability of the camper will determine the level of instruction. (For example, 1st time ever surf camper will be 1 on 1 with a professional surf instructor until they are capable of slowing gaining more independence in the surf where then they can be in a 2-1 or 3-1 ratio learning how to catch waves on their own with some assist. Experienced surf camper can bring your own equipment and will be observed by our professional surfer instructor and will learn more about surf maneuvers and how to help generate speed, power and flow.)
- Land instruction: Learn the “pop up” where students will be taught how to jump correctly from a prone position to a proper surfing and skating stance and ride.
- The Pros: Skudin Surf has become a home away from home for many of the worlds best professional surf and skateboarders. With Will and Cliff Skudin on the Big Wave World Tour and all their world travels they invite the best of the best to teach along side local professionals. Every year brings in a new crew of professional athletes. Not only do the kids get professional instruction but they also get to learn different world culture from our international visiting staff.
Please drop off at 8:30 at the administration building at our tent outside the administration building to the left after the parking fee collection booth. Drop off is free, if you would like to stay and enjoy the beach its $8 with leisure pass. If you don’t have a leisure pass it is $30. We recommend if you don’t have a leisure pass to purchase one at Nickerson Beach Park administration building in the park for $25 that is good for 3 years. You can use this pass in all County Parks and enjoy! *Must be a Nassau County resident to purchase this pass.
HALF DAY Surf Camp noon – 4pm at Nickerson Beach Park in Lido Beach, NY
Here are some reminders for your first day of our camp:
-Please make sure you arrive promptly at 11:30am to check in at our tent outside the administrative building to the left of the parking fee collection booth. Free dropoff for camps and lessons. If you would like to stay and enjoy the beach its $8 with leisure pass. If you don’t have a leisure pass it is $30. We recommend if you don’t have a leisure pass to purchase one at Nickerson Beach Park administration building in the park for $25 that is good for 3 years. You can use this pass in all County Parks and enjoy! *Must be a Nassau County resident to purchase this pass.
-Make sure your child is prepared for a day at the beach; a light lunch, towel, and sunscreen are necessary. Pack them a lunch with a few drinks. Friday will be Pizza day!
-The Skudin Surf Medical Form and Waivers MUST completed during the online registration process which is then e-signed for your convenience.
-Please remember that it is required to have paid your balance in full before your first day of camp in order to participate.
-We will contact you via email by 7:00am ONLY if we have to cancel camp due to unsafe conditions in the ocean or heavy thunderstorms and tropical storm conditions. Or check our social media outlets and website for alerts.
Please see the Frequently asked Questions page under the Surf Camp tab, and feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com or give us a call at (516) 318-3993 with any further questions!
|One Half-Day Surf Camp||$100|
|Full Week 5 Half Day Surf Camps||$435|
|One Full Day Camp||$150|
|Full Week – 5 Full Day Camps||$695|
Note: You may register for single days ie- 2, 3, or 4 days in the same week, or single days through the summer by registering the 1 day fee per day only for drop off. Please contact us for full summer rates.
|Week #2||6/29 – 7/3|
|Week #3||** 7/6 – 7/10|
|Week #4||7/13 – 7/17|
|Week #5||** 7/20 – 7/24|
|Week #6||7/27 – 7/31|
|Week #7||8/3 – 8/7|
|Week #8||8/10 – 8/14|
|Week #9||**8/17 – 8/21|
|Week #10||**8/24 – 8/28|
|Week #11||8/31 – 9/4|
**Transportation is available for select weeks from two convenient locations (must have minimum of 4 kids registered for bus transportation). SUNY Old Westbury and Eisenhower Park. Pick up times are 8:15 and 8:30 sharp, from these locations. Drop off will be between 4:45pm and 5:00pm at the same locations. The cost is $165.00 per week.
SUNY Old Westbury
Pick-up/Drop-off will be in front of the Clark Athletic Center.
Main Gate – Off RTE 107 Across from St. Pauls Church (Church Address 2534 Cedar Swamp Rd. Brookville, NY 11545)
Back Gate – 223 Store Hill Road Old Westbury, NY 11568 (follow the road all the way up to main campus loop)
Pick-up/Drop-off will be in front of the Aquatic Center.
Entrance to Aquatic Center is located off Merrick Ave.